Thursday, May 29, 2014

BEDM Day 28 & 29 - Planting Out Day 2 & More...

Well I failed to blog every day finally.  Yesterday was so full that I couldn't find a spare moment to sit down and add some pictures to some words for you.  And though I didn't join in until 8 days into May, I was giving it my best effort to blog the rest of them.  And I think I'll prepare you and say that I'm not going to be blogging the last two either.  Those were planned ahead of time and I'll blog them in June for you to see...


So yesterday started with planting out the rest of the garden, mostly all the seeds.


I have a notebook filled with planting maps from all the years I've been vegetable gardening which helps me to rotate crops appropriately, not plant things together that won't get along and just to generally be OCD.  This year I even went a bit further than the random "pumpkin" where I wanted it and wrote down the exact thing I planted with the average days to maturity.  I'm tired of wondering when I should harvest some things, so I'm hoping this will help.



After that Mom and I had to run to town for errands and then I came home and made my infamous Pineapple Coconut cupcakes for a coworker who is leaving us.  I hope he appreciated them!


See you guys in a few days...

No comments: