Saturday, May 17, 2014

BEDM Day 17 - Well Today Was Short For Doing Nothing

Was today Saturday?  It felt more like a Sunday around this house.  On most Sundays we try to take a break, not do any unnecessary housework and do some of those things you are always too busy to do.  You know, even God rested on the 7th day, so I think me giving one out of my usual fourteen to rest is good for the soul.  (I've gotta work every other weekend so I'm not sure that working Sunday counts.)  But today I rested.  I rested my voice and body and mind.  I watched and deleted shows off the DVR (hey! that's a bit of work!) and trolled the internet and obsessed over tracking packages and just laid around in my pajamas all day.  I have to say my voice is finally coming back, but now I'm left with a sore throat and that dang dry cough.  It's one of those coughs where you can feel the tickle and you really don't want to cough but you can't help it.  And sometimes when one starts you can't stop coughing for a little while.  I have half a mind to say it's Pertussis (to non-medical people that's Whooping Cough), but I doubt it.  I'm not breaking any ribs with these coughs, so I digress.  I have also gone out and bought a cool mist humidifier for my bedroom because I read on the internet (cough*WebMD*cough) that dry air can make it worse (and that I possibly have cancer, because that's always what WebMD says).  I live in a semi-arid climate and it's always low on the humidity side unless it's right before dawn in the morning.  So I'm sleeping like a child and doing about as much housework as a child.  This must be second-childhood sickness.

Maybe tomorrow I'll work on my knitting post.  You'd probably enjoy that more than my whining.

Here's the view from my place.
I painted my toenails blue and sea green, and I'd like to consider that my big accomplishment of the day.  :)

No comments: