Tuesday, May 13, 2014

BEDM Day 13 - So tired...Must Pin...

I'm pretty exhausted today.  I think partly it's my allergies which have lately caused the vision in my left eye to be out of focus and smudged, like fingerprints on a lens.  Today I was the lucky recipient of a dry hack-y cough and continuous sinus drainage.  Really, it's lovely.  So on my most tired days I usually only have enough energy to turn on my iPad and pin things on Pinterest.  Whenever you guys in my Facebook crew see multiple pins, it's because I'm exhausted.  So here are some of my favorite pins this week...

This was the most delicious crisp recipe I have eaten.  We have a very prolific rhubarb plant, which is currently in it's prime, and you can only eat so much pie.  This recipe was easy, quick and delicious; three things that make it a winner.  It's so good we've already made it twice this week.

Mr. Nobley from Austenland
We've established my love of all things Austen and though she didn't write him, she should have.  This is from the movie based on the book Austenland by Shannon Hale.  I read the book last year and LOVED it and promptly bought the sequel Midnight in Austenland, which is pretty darn good too.  Though the movie isn't quite what the book is, it has it's redeeming qualities...like J.J. Fields who plays Henry Nobley.  He's like Jude Law and Tom Hiddleston's all mashed up together (a quote also from Pinterest).  I'd let him follow me home...

Someday.  Someday I will finish beautiful shawls like the one above and not just start them and abandon them.  And I will wear them while I walk along the shore barefoot in a gauzy white dress or maybe while I "garden" by walking around perfectly groomed beds of flowers with my cutting basket and gather flowers for my arrangements.  Okay... those things probably won't happen, but I WILL finish a shawl.

Floating Lantern Festival, Honolulu
I love Hawaii and plan on going back again and I hope I can time it so that I can make it to this.  I think it would be gorgeous and moving.

And a funny to end on.

No comments: