Friday, May 23, 2014

BEDM Day 23 - DSLR Tutorial

I have been pretty busy lately with appointments and life and haven't gotten to pick up my new camera since that first day I took pictures for you.  I'm a very new beginner to this whole photography world (all that isn't auto or point-and-shoot) and was searching for a class or workshop to take to help me learn how to use my camera to it's full potential.  Pinterest is the answer for most problems like these and on the Photography board I found my way to "31 Days to a Better Photo".  I've already covered days 1 and 2 and I played with day 3 this evening.  It was an exercise in shutter speed and it really helped me learn what a slow speed versus a fast speed does.  I like the short bite-sized pieces of the information and the fact that I can work at it on my own time and at my own pace.  It's all free and I encourage anyone wanting to get familiar with their DSLR to go over and check it out!  Here is my lesson on shutter speed:  (Shutter speeds given as shown on my Nikon D5200)
Shutter speed 1/2

Shutter speed 1/3

Shutter speed 1/5

Shutter speed 1/8

Shutter speed 1/13

So the faster the shutter speed, the less light that gets in, the darker the image.  Can't wait for my next lesson!

No comments: