Sunday, January 30, 2011

Blog Challenge Day 10

What you wore today.


Well even though today was Sunday, I had to go to work. (For those friends keeping track, it was not my usual weekend...I'm working 3 in a row.) But it was a perfect opportunity for all you non-lab friends to see what I wear everyday. Luckily since I do not work with patients I get to wear pretty much the clothes I wear all the time...but with khakis. Jeans apparently aren't "professional" looking, but the rest is kind of fair game. There are rules but they're flexible. I could wear scrubs to work if I wanted, but I don't. I have one pair and they make me look like I am wearing a tent. Skinny people look good in scrubs, chubby people look either like they cut down a mu-mu or they stuffed themselves into something that looks uncomfortable. I opted for my current favorite outfit...a t-shirt and hoodie (with khakis, of course). My cousin Katey told me one time that only I could put on a t-shirt and jeans and make it look like an outfit. When I find something I think looks good I wear the hell out of it. I purchased a sweater earlier this winter and I thought it looked so good I now own four all in different colors. But, since I work in a laboratory the lab coat is always the finishing touch to any outfit you wear in.


I'd like to think I make this look good. :)














Keirsten doesn't seem to think so....

1 comment:

Melinda said...

Snazzy! The lab coat really does complete the "look" =)