Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Blog Challenge Day 03

So in addendum to Day 2, I was informed that I do have a first (and only) love. I have the marriage proposal to prove it written down in my senior year book. He was the only guy that took me to any dance in high school and he is still the life of the party and the most amazingly cool guy I know. That's right my perfect accessory, my best guy friend, the one, the only....Eric. ;)

So, Day 3 -- Your Parents.

I have an interesting parentage. I was informed in college that until people get to know me, whenever I referred to my parents people always thought Mom and Dad. Well that second term was not thrown around much in my house unless my Mom was going to do something handy, that a Dad should do. As in "Dad's going out to build a deck." My parents were always my Mom and Gram. I still pitted them against each other as any kid would their Mom or Dad. I'd go ask Gram "Can I have blank?" and she'd say, "Go ask you mother." So I would find Mom and ask "Can I have blank?" and she'd say, "What did Grammy say?" They fought like real parents. They had different comforting styles. Mom would rub your back and offer advice when you cried. Grammy would say "Knock off that crying!" Which would inevitably make you cry harder. So, yea, I had REAL parents. You see, I was conceived by artificial insemination. My Mom was getting older and didn't have a husband, but wanted children. She saw an article about how career women were having children by artificial insemination and the rest is history. I have a biological father somewhere on this planet but I will probably never meet him. That's cool cause I had the most amazing childhood ever and I wouldn't change a thing. I knew every day how much my parents wanted me and growing up with that kind of security is a rare thing. So if I had a glass in my hand, I would raise it....to my Mom and Gram!

2 comments:

Erin said...

Glass raised! =)

Melinda said...

Or "you knock that off before I rip your arm off and beat you with the bloody end of it!"

You know...it wasn't until I was somewhere in my teens that I realized just how graphic that particular phrase was...I always thought she was using "bloody" for emphasis, kind of like "damn"...but when you think about it...that's a graphic thing to say! haha...and I have no doubt I'll wind up saying it to Camden. :)