Thursday, January 27, 2011

Blog Challenge Day 08

A moment.

What kind of moment could it be. There are so many moments in the day that you could choose from. I'm going to give you the moment in my day that I spend day dreaming. It's usually at break when no one else is in the break-room to talk to or sometimes while I am reading my cultures and it's a really easy bench. I put my brain on autopilot (pick up the stack of plates in one hand, flip through them like your dealing cards, take a whiff of what's flying by, do a coagulase, call it Staph aureus and move on) and think about what I would do with my yarn store.

It was originally in Cannon Beach and I would imagine that I would put my "Back in 10 minutes" sign up in the window and walk down to the elementary school to pick up my kids. I think I mentioned earlier in the blogs that I am an Idealist. That's a personality type that romanticizes almost everything. You can find out what you are if your bored here. I can fully imagine most anything which usually leads to disappointment. See I will imagine exactly the type of top I am looking for and go shopping and be upset that no store we go to has seen inside my mind and set it on a rack for me to purchase. Or I see exactly the type of tile I want in my bathroom with the new tub, counter and heated floor and end up under a pile of debt.

But back to the yarn store.

It now is mentally located in the town I live in and I even have my eye on a newly remodeled little space that has a "Lease" sign in the window. I make lists of what I would sell, what sort of classes I would offer, and of course draw up my store multiple times. There would be an area with tables and chairs and comfy sofa chairs with a coffee table for people to work on their projects. Lots of shelves with storage all stuffed with yarn for knitting and crocheting and roving for spinning. I even have the yarn all separated by weight and wash-ability because I'm a Type A person. There would be a spinning wheel in the window to entice people in and twinkle lights in the windows year-round. I would decorate the windows for all the holidays, even putting fake snow on the spinning wheel at Christmas. I'd play all sorts of music and offer the CD's for sale as "What's playing". I would offer classes for beginning knitting and crocheting. Mom would do the classes for beginning spinning and weaving. We would have weekly "Stitch and Bitch" nights where everyone would get together and work on their projects. We'd expand the classes as people asked for them. I even have a name for it, but I need to trademark it first. I'd love to be able to get up at 7 or 8 am and have time to get ready for work cause I wouldn't open the store until 10.

I am currently buying lottery tickets weekly.

No comments: