Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Blog Challenge Day 11

Your siblings.

Oh this is easy. I don't have any. The End.

Okay, okay that would be a boring post. It is true that I am an only child and that it doesn't bother me. I enjoyed growing up with all the attention from my Mom directed only at me and not having to compete with a sibling for it. I am very good at entertaining myself and for waiting for others when I need help with something. With all that being said, I can't say that I was truly sibling-less. My family has always been pretty close and my cousins are about as close to siblings as I get. When I was little my cousin David lived with us for a bit. He is 13 years older than I am and also an only child. I managed to be that little "sister" he never wanted, driving him crazy while he played with toy cars and asking uncomfortable questions when he'd bring home girlfriends. I also have 3 girl cousins Melinda, Erin and Katey, that are 1, 2 and 4 years younger than me. I call them the perfect siblings cause when you got tired of them it was usually time for them to go home. :) But really they are the closest thing I will ever have to sisters. We spent most every summer together at my house, or their house, or the beach. We have fought like sisters, competed against each other's grades in school like sisters and broken each other's toys like sisters. We have banded together and driven each other crazy. In college Melinda and Erin and I used to have monthly game nights that were the best. There came certain rules out of these, like that Erin and I couldn't play together on the same team. When you play Taboo with someone that your grew up with you can use easy clues like, "Grammy's deodorant is?" "Secret!" or, "Grammy fans herself with this." "Paper plate!" We also learned that I could count to three,"1, 2, 3...Tri...Tri...1, 2, 3" (It was Pictionary and it was a tripod.) I hope that we will be able to remain a close family as we all grow up and move apart, because as an only child, they're all I've got.

2 comments:

Melinda said...

Aww. :)

Erin said...

I miss game nights! I still laugh when pictionary comes out and I remember the 1, 2, ,3 tripod, =)