Friday, February 18, 2011

Blog Challenge Day 16

Your First Kiss.

Wow, I think only three or four people know this story.

So one summer after high school Nicole, Paul, and (I think) Jayne-Leigh, and I got together and went out. I believe there was drinking. Of course. We were all playing around in Nicole's apartment in Yakima, the nice one with the pool in the center of the complex. We were being pretty stupid and somehow the conversation and craziness got around to first kisses. I said that I was still waiting for mine and we started harassing Paul about how I was the one who had first had a crush on Paul and how he then preceded to date or chase every one of my friends from 4th grade through high school. I admitted that I still had a crush on him and how it would be better if we just kissed and then I could move on. So he went in for one and I was laughing and he got my teeth. Then I was too embarrassed to do anything more, so of course we all got a bit drunker. Then on the balcony he came in for the real one and we smooched. I think Paul would agree it was like kissing a sibling and the crush-bubble that I had carried around for a good decade or more was popped. It's a good thing Stephanie finally got him to commit because we had shaken on an agreement in high school to be each other's back-up. You know where if you don't get married by the time you turn 30 you have a person who will marry you. That would have been awkward!

1 comment:

Erik said...

awww, I'm glad you got a second shot after the first one where he kissed your teeth! haha. :)

*this is melinda, but the computer is signed in as Erik and I'm too lazy to change it! =D