Thursday, November 20, 2014

Three Things Thursdays :: Fire Within, Cinnamon Lattes and Spotify

Another idea I had in my blog organization was to have a recurring post that shares what I'm into at the time.  In my perusal of my other favorite blogs (especially Cider with Rosie) I've enjoyed when they share what they are listening to, what it trending in fashion or even what espresso they can't get enough of.  So in a tip of my hat to those posts I'm starting my own.  Here the first one...


1.  Listening to Birdy's Fire Within album on repeat in my car.  The first song I heard from Birdy was Skinny Love and it just came up on an iTunes radio station I was listening to.  After getting that song I listened to the others that were on the album and decided that it was good enough to buy the whole thing!  I hardly ever do that anymore!


2.  Cinnamon dolce lattes from Starbucks.  I'm trying to cut back on calories again and lattes are comparatively low calorie in Starbucks-ville.  (Nothing except water, unsweetened tea or plain brewed coffee is truly LOW.)  It's definitely better than the Peppermint Mochas I've chosen in the past.  The cinnamon flavor also gives me that holiday vibe without overdoing it.


3.  Recently the radio station I played most often at work changed from "80s, 90s and Today" music to rock.  Now I'm not saying that rock is bad music but we already have a rock station in town why did they have to take away the only easy listening station so they could have two rock stations?  So now I can choose between country (something I only listen to occasionally), popular (aka - the same 5 songs all day) or the aforementioned rock.  What I ended up doing instead was to use my semi-competent hacking skills to stream Spotify on my computer and play it through our stereo.  This is a bigger accomplishment than you might think because where I work the internet is regulated and most entertainment sites are blocked.  So now we get to enjoy better music than we had before!  And I'm loving the playlists that Spotify brings up for me to try.  I've found some new music that I probably never would have come across!  And then there's days like today where you just want some ambient background noise without words.  Much better than that ole scratchy radio!

No comments: