Thursday, March 31, 2011

Blog Challenge Day 22

Something that upsets you.

People not posting on their blogs regularly! Oh, wait...that's me ;)

Hmmmm. Something that upsets me? That I'd wanna post on here? That won't get me fired from work? (I'm kidding...fist bump to all those in the trenches with me!)

There are all the usual things that probably upset everybody. The things we hear in the news that make our stomachs turn and agree that the world will end tomorrow because it seems like everything has gone to Sodom and Gomorrah. (Side thought in this microbiologist's head.... Gomorrah looks a lot like gonorrhoea, think they might be related?) But that would be a typical response and one that I would expect every person in their right mind would agree with.

Another thing could be when the television networks decide to move your favorite show to a different day/time/cancel it and not tell you. But with my DVR that's not so much of a problem anymore...except the cancelling part.

I would say the thing that upsets me the most is............................life. The daily stresses, the fact that I feel like a slave to my job at times, the fact that there's never enough time and never will be. The thought of paying bills and managing money, the depressing truth that at some point your life will become rutted and boring, the thought that you aren't doing what your destined to do. The grass is always greener syndrome, looking at someone else's life and thinking they have it better (probably not). The changes that you aren't ready for, deaths, loss. All that really upsets me at times. I get depressed and worry like there's no tomorrow. But as I read in a book once, that is also what makes life amazing. Sometimes it takes the really low lows to appreciate and truly experience the really high highs of life. There can be no good without the bad. And so to not end this on a sour note, some pictures of my recent trip to a place that makes me feel better. (More to come in later posts ;)





2 comments:

Melinda said...

What GREAT pictures though!!! I <3 these!!!

Melinda said...

Oh, and I wanted to add that I often fall victim to "the grass is greener" too! Sigh...we just need to remember it's probably not! :) And even if it is...well, it's over there, so we shouldn't be worrying over it...something like that! :)