Monday, April 4, 2011

Blog Challenge Day 23

Something that makes you feel better.


There are lots of things that make me feel better, it just depends on the situation for what will work.


If I'm sick, or have been sick, then my bed is what makes me feel better.  I have a water-bed that doesn't look like the old 80's style water-bed.  It has a head-board and foot-board and looks close to the same as a regular bed until you sit on it.  It is warm and soft and always make me feel better when I'm sick...or even really tired for that matter.  At the end of the day I'm always more than happy to crawl in it.


If I am really stressed out, like say after a hard day at work, then playing some relaxing music and knitting makes me feel better.  I have a couple of favorite CD mixes that I put in the stereo in the hall that fills up the house with great music.  A couple of those would be any Josh Groban CD/ Sarah Brightman CD/ Andrea Bocelli CD.  The current ones in there are Closer (Josh Groban), Symphony (Sarah Brightman) and Incanto (Andrea Bocelli).  If it is summer, or I really want to feel like I'm in Hawaii, then the CD's are usually a mix of Israel "IZ" Kamakawiwo'ole (usually Facing Future), Keali'i Reichel (always Ke'Alaokamaile), and Leokane Pryor (always Home Malanai).  It's a great mix to feel that island spirit and relaxation after a stressful day.


Speaking of Hawaii, that always makes me feel better.  I love going whenever I can, though it's been a while since Mom and I had enough money to go.  To make up for that I enjoy going to the Duke Kahanamoku Statue web-cam, which is very close to where Mom and I always go swimming in Waikiki.  I could sit there for hours watching the trees sway in the breeze.  The other new thing Kiersten recently showed me is the Google Maps street-view guy.  I just type in Waikiki and drop the little orange guy wherever I want to go.  You can make the street-view cover almost the whole screen and just use the arrows on the computer to go walking wherever you want.  I'm usually walking down Kalakaua Ave right along the beach.  I walk the route we take from our hotel to the big banyan tree in Kuhio Beach park where we swim.  It's about as good as I can get to going.

1 comment:

Melinda said...

I miss the beach! Definitely something to make someone feel better - especially in Hawaii :)