Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Blog Challenge Day 24

Okay guys, I know these are getting old by now, but we only have 5 more after this.  Never give up, never surrender!


Something that makes you cry.


Well, since I am a girl there are a lot of things that make me cry.  I cry at movies, I cry when I am really angry, I cry when I hear a sappy song, I cry at weddings, I cry at funerals...the list goes on.


There are some movies that I refuse to watch because they make me cry so much.  The number one offender would be "P.S. I Love You."  Mom and I watched that in my bedroom when my cousins Patrick and Jonathan were up at our house and they must have thought we were mental.  We practically went through a whole box of Kleenex.  I also haven't bought the last Pixar movie "Up" because I literally cried 3 times in the theater when I saw it.  It's kind of embarrassing to bawl in a movie theater watching a cartoon.  So yeah, movies make me cry.


When I am super angry and I have so much emotion bottled up inside me I'll cry.  There are times that I almost can't stop the crying when anger is flowing out of me in buckets.  This is usually hormonally induced, so don't worry I won't lash out irrationally unless you piss me off in a perfect alignment of hormones and aggravation.


There are some songs that'll make me cry.  The ones that take you back to certain moments that were sad in your life are hard to break.  There was a song that we sung at my Grammy's funeral that we sing from time to time in church and for quite a while I wasn't able to sing it.  I'd just stand there and let the tears flow down my cheeks.  It's gotten better with time, but there's always a point where you wonder if you are going to make it through this one.


Weddings and funerals are good candidates for crying.  I don't often cry too much at weddings, except a few happy tears when emotions are high.  Funerals on the other hand are terrible.  Mom and I say that we could be professional mourners.  There hasn't been a single funeral or memorial service that I have been to when I haven't cried.


With all this talk you'd think I'd be able to make myself cry at the drop of a hat, but it doesn't work that way.  I'm not one of those people that'd be a great actor because they can tear up on demand.  Truthfully most of the time I am a happy, positive person and I don't have a lot of reasons to break down regularly.  But to keep your sanity I think everybody needs a good cry every now and then.

1 comment:

Melinda said...

So - I may have laughed out loud at the "professional mourner" comment. Actually, I'm laughing again - terrible? Probably...but such a funny idea! It's like Wedding Crashers...but...not.

Anyhoo - I don't think they're getting old! I worry people feel that way on my blog too, and I guess some people do as they're only looking for baby pictures but others have said they like reading the challenge posts - so, keep on keeping on! I like the "never give up, never surrender!" quote.