Monday, March 14, 2011

Blog Challenge Day 20

This month.

Has already started to slip away from me! Crap it's the 14th and I've only made 2 posts!!

Actually this month is the best of all months. It's my birth month, the month that thawing starts to occur on the east side of the Cascades, the month that I can start my vegetables from seeds to plant into the garden in May, the month that the sun is finally back in noticeable amounts to even out the nights from the days, the month that people start to whisper and SHOUT about Spring!

All those really relate ultimately to change, which is something I am not usually very good at. Growing another year older, the ground going from frozen to soggy, seeds going from dormancy to life, the sun returning from it's southern journey, Spring and all the new and returning life after the winter. I always seem to feel crappy around my birthday, like the world has it out for me. It's probably ultimately the change.

No...not menopause. Life and the fact that things are speeding out of control. That all that time I saw myself holding is just sand through my fingertips. 29. That's how old I'll be this year. I'm still young enough to admit it, but really I must be looking pretty old 'cause I didn't get carded the last time I bought an alcoholic drink at a restaurant... I'm not 39 1/2... I'm only (almost) 29.

Things are changing at work too. We might be losing a couple of people to new jobs in different cities. Really great people who do their job well and we'll be short until someone great comes along again.

Wow...this is a downer of a post!

Okay. Something positive about this month. It makes me start looking forward to all the summer things that are coming. Quick weekends down to the beach. Eating outdoors with candles hanging in the trees. Projects around the house and eating fresh produce from the garden. Knitting my fingers to the bone trying to get Christmas projects done before the holiday eats up my time...was that too far forward?

So I hope everyone enjoys this month as much as I do. Hold onto your hats, it's going to be windy and it'll fly by!

1 comment:

Melinda said...

I have a hard time with change too :) Even good changes!