Friday, April 24, 2015

First Try :: Pedicures


Last Friday I had my first ever pedicure.  And I loved it!  Vida, a friend from work, suggested we go to a nail salon that served drinks while you got your nails done and I was totally game.  We met up and arrived to find a full salon at 11 AM on a Friday!  There was a wedding party ahead of us and so we chose our colors and then went and shopped a bit and got some Starbucks and headed back to see if the big group had been taken to their seats yet.  We only had to wait a bit more and we were taken back.  At this salon they also serve wine, beer and a few mixed drinks while you get your manicure or pedicure!  It took a while to get our drinks but eventually we got our Mimosa and Lemonosa.  Yum!


The drinks were better than some you get at nice restaurants in town.  And once I got into the idea of someone else scrubbing my feet and massaging lotion on them it was really enjoyable.  They massage your feet and legs and you just feel so relaxed at the end of it.


I got French tips with a nude base and Vida got French tips with a blue base.  We've decided that this needs to be a monthly gift to ourselves, so I've already scoured Pinterest for some ideas for next time.  Maybe I'll do pastels.  Or glitter.  Or just one with glitter.  Or maybe polka-dots with one nail reversed colors, or mermaid, or one with a heart! So many ideas!  Thank goodness there are 12 months in a year...  :)


No comments: