Monday, October 20, 2014

Getting Stocked Up

Today was a wonderfully dreary October day.  It rained fairly steadily for our side of Washington and the fire roared for most of the day in the living room making the house so toasty by this evening that we had to open the front door to let in some of that cool moist air.

This weekend was one of catch-ups.  We had picked the last of the red tomatoes from our garden on Tuesday and on Saturday we were superheroes! We blanched six grocery bags of tomatoes, sauced 33 cups of them and made marinara sauce out of them, stewed the last of them getting another 13 pints and sent all of those through the canner!  Phew!!









That's right...I'm not above getting some help with the spices!  Rosemary...that's a spice, right?

Yes...that's sugar.  But only 1/4 cup sugar for 11 cups of pureed tomatoes...not bad I'd say.





Then on Sunday we were DVR heroes!  We caught up on most all of our shows and I have to say that Forever and Madam Secretary are two of my new favorites!  I'm really sorry this post is so full of exclamation marks...I really need to try and calm down.  It's just that when we start to get really into fall I'm just so happy.  Is that weird?  I love the battening down of the hatches and the fires in the evening.  The sweaters and the poor weather (it's a nice change from that relentless summer sunshine) and the warm drinks.  I made pumpkin bars this weekend and I think I feel the need to make cookies soon.  Or pumpkin spice bagels.  Or cookies and bagels.  And then I need to exercise...

No comments: