Friday, June 13, 2014

Things that have made me happy this week!

Working on my top-down pictures...

So I'm totally stealing this from one of my favorite bloggers, Cider with Rosie.  I hope she doesn't mind...

1.  Watching Toby jump up and roll around on my bed and then surprising him by jumping on and rolling around too.  He loves to play rough and tumble!

2.  Starting up my twice daily walks around the hospital grounds again.  I had stopped for awhile because I had a spring cold and allergies at the same time.  Figuring that going out into the allergen saturated world for a walk twice a day would exacerbate my allergies, I stopped walking for a bit.  And then got used to being sedintary.  (So sedintary that I got a stitch in my side walking up the last hill on my first stroll...)

3.  The bubble that blew into my path as I did that first stroll while passing the child care center.  It was a BIG one!  First it floated over the fence, wandered across the street and met it's typical end on the branch of a maple tree.  But it was beautiful while it lived!

4.  Reading blogs while at work.  It's a secret pastime of mine.  Everyone needs thier 5 minute mental break.

5.  The weather during my walks this week which has been sunny and around 69 at my break and 80 at my lunch.  Warm, but not hot.

6.  The pinky red color of the inside of your eyelids when you raise your face to the sun with your eyes closed.

7.  The name that I thought Tina had given herself this week which was "Lady Alasia".  It was really that she wanted to be a "lady of leisure" but my hearing must be going along with my muscles in my old age.

8.  Pitting cherries.  Well, not the actual pitting but really the amazingly delicious dessert that follows.  It also reminds me how much work it takes to make something from "scratch" and how much we just throw away without thinking of the work that went into making that something.  And how a dessert from fresh ingredients can never be compared to something store bought or box made.

9.  Pinterest.  When I'm feeling blue you cheer me up.  Like telling me that I can pin outfits and make-up that looks good on tiny bodies but also make and eat things like "Easter Bunny Bark".  (Actually that recipe looks kinda gross.)  When I'm tired you comfort me by making me feel like I'm doing something productive.  And when I need an answer to "What else can I make with rhubarb?" you have all the answers.

10.  The smell of petrichor coming in my window right now.  What's petrichor you ask?  Educate yourself!

No comments: