Friday, June 27, 2014

Pinworthy Picks of the Week

Eeek!  These posts are reverting to weekly!  And we know that only leads to fewer and fewer, so I need to step it up.  Life has (obviously) been busy.  This week was me off one day, Mom off another, me trying to get my continuing education credits caught up and my renewal of my MLS and SM certifications in to ASCP (they're due only every 3 years, but of course I procrastinate!), another eye doctor appointment after work but I think this time he finally fixed it, more cherry picking by Mom followed by a delicious cherry cobbler (I should probably blog the recipe), How To Train Your Dragon 2, puppy spa day with many errands run and dinner at Red Robin and finally Friday.  Phew!  This has left my evenings to pinning mostly, because we all know that's what I like to do when I'm tuckered out.  So here are my favorites from this week...

The more time I spend in my kitchen the more I realize that this will be the next part of the house to be remodeled.  I also realized that all the pictures I've taken in my kitchen display the shabbiness of it (more bokeh!).  I'd love to have those fresh, beautiful, sunlit filled pictures I see on other blogs!  So I have been dreaming of a far off future where I can afford to do that.  But that doesn't mean it's not too early to start pinning those ideas!
Love everything about this except the subway tiles (not a fan)!!


And I'm in love with these built in drain board options on countertops!

The cup hooks under the shelf is what I love about this!
And I'm thinking I don't have to remodel to do that now...

And a farmhouse sink to complete the ensemble!
(It looks like I tend toward mint/sea green, white and gray color schemes)
Even without the "perfect" kitchen I can bake delicious things, so that's where I often head next.  Yummy treats!
I soooooo want to make these thumbprint shortbread cookies!  We are going to pull out all the old cherries sitting in the freezer from a few years ago and make jelly out of them.  I can taste it now...buttery shortbread, tart-sweet sour cherry jelly and sticky sweet glaze.  Mmmmm....

I have always wanted to make a Baked Alaska ever since I heard that you could put ice cream in an oven!  Seriously?  And it doesn't melt?!?  Well this Brownie Candy Cane Baked Alaska sounds ah-MAZ-ing, but since it's summer I might swap the peppermint ice cream for strawberry.  Neapolitan you know!

And then there's the idea of "grilling" fruit.  I really want to taste this because I think of things like "caramelized" and "warm" with that cold cream inside it.  But what I'm pretty sure I would get from my grill is "raw inside" and "tastes like last week's burger".  But these Grilled Nectarines with Amaretto spiked Mascarpone sure sound fabulous...

Well since my brain is on a summer food kick, we can't leave out the summer drinks as well.  I have had two sweet and juicy watermelons in the past couple of weeks, so that's probably swaying my judgement on the drinks I found!
Watermelon Coconut Agua Fresca

Watermelon Malibu Surf
Though at the moment, I'd probably go without the rum...
I've been feeling rutted with my hairstyle lately and it's due for a haircut, which always helps.  It seems my hair likes to be mistreated and blunt.  But I do love a gorgeous up-do or at least a hairstyle that goes up easy (it makes for the best hair days)!  So here are the hair inspiration (hairspirations?) pins I found this week...

Love the multiple twist backs!  Though this looks better suited to Melinda's hair...

I've done something like this before and it looks good with my facial structure!
I really love the voluminous twist across the front!!

And finally something I'll never be able to do, but it looks so pretty!
So I think I'll leave you with some amusing pins from my favorite "fandoms" (even though I know Tina hates the word "fandom")!  Hope your week was more productive than mine!!
Oh Doctor Who, how I love thee, let me count the ways...
(And I have honestly considered all of these names for my children, but rule them out because they are companions and I'd probably get called out on it...)

Love this movie!  Definitely in my top 5!!

No comments: