Monday, January 21, 2013

Reading Habits

I don't tend to think that I read a lot of books, but at the end of last year I thought about keeping a reading diary.  You know, just writing down the titles of the books I read to see what I had accomplished.  I wrote down all the books I could remember reading that year, which probably was only the last 3 or 4 months, and I filled a whole page!  Granted it's a smaller journal type page, but I thought that was pretty good.  Here's my list from last year from memory.

My Name is Memory
Bitterblue
The Crimson Crown (I've been eating this series alive...waiting for every fall and a new book)
Sapphique
Matched
Crossed
Divergent
Insurgent
Mr. Darcy Takes a Wife (The Jane Austen 50 Shades of Gray!)
All Wound Up
Beautiful Creatures
Rebecca
Green Darkness
Found
Double Identity
Endless Magic (I'd already been through the first three in the series the year before)
Mermaid

I don't tend to spend the majority of my time reading.  Honestly I spend the majority of my time at work.  But to relax right before I go to sleep I often read a chapter (or two...or three if it's gotten really good) laying in bed, now often with a pair of fingerless mitts to keep my hands warm.  I'm not opposed to reading hardcovers or softcover or even a Kindle now and then.  Books are typically good gifts to give me and I adore going to bookstores, rarely ever coming out empty handed.  And so it was that this stack appeared on my desk after Christmas...

I bought a few of those myself at Costco right after Christmas and the top one, Seraphina, I got at our local bookstore, Inklings.  Let's see if I can make through the stack this year! I also got a few more books for my Kindle when they had a sale after Christmas.  And then there's my Audible account...does it count as reading when it's being read to you?

No comments: