Thursday, February 25, 2016

Three Things Thursday :: Bose SoundLink Mini, Netflix and Jackaby

I didn't think I had three things to talk about for this post and truthfully it's been hard coming up with three.  I've made a commitment to get my finances under control this year and I made a budget for myself, which has really helped me see how much money I don't have and how it's unacceptable for me to let my mom buy the groceries this week because I can't afford it.  I have plenty of things to entertain me and I have enough clothes to cover me.  I budgeted in buying some clothes only once a quarter (so March, June, September and December) and for two months I haven't bought anything online that wasn't for:  a) someone's birthday, b) seeds for the garden or c) already on a revolving charge.  And honestly I've felt really good.  I feel more content and less anger or guilt over spending money I don't have.  So coming up with three things for this post was hard, but I managed.  The first was an early birthday present from Mom, the Bose Soundlink Mini.
I had been eyeing a bluetooth speaker and truthfully I wanted one of these cute little speakers, but they are only available in England.  Le sigh.  The curse of reading magazines from the UK is that you can't buy what they advertise.  So I did some research and was going to buy a cheaper bluetooth speaker off of Amazon but then I went to Costco.  Curse you Costco and your amazing ability to hear a speaker before you buy it!  I stood there in front of the Soundlink listening to song after song and then Mom came back and found me and I stood her in front of the speaker and we were both smitten. I tried to logic myself away from it.  But then Mom said she had no idea what to get me for my birthday coming in March and I said that speaker would be enough.  Besides it was $40 cheaper at Costco than Amazon, so really I was saving her money.  ;)

So what better place to try it out than while relaxing in the tub?  And what better way to use it than to stream The Great British Baking Show on Netflix?


I have been paying for Netflix and not using it for a long time now.  I'd just let it hit my credit card every month and then use it once a year.  But recently I was told that season one of GBBS was on Netflix and I've been using it more than ever!  I found TV shows that I love and haven't gotten to see all the seasons and movies that I ACTUALLY want to see.  I'm really happy and surprised with Netflix's offerings and maybe I'll try getting my moneys worth out of my subscription.  Back to the idea of "be happy with what you have."


So my last thing is the book I'm currently working on, Jackaby.  I picked it up at Inklings, our local bookstore, on one of their 20% off Saturdays.  At the end of the synopsis on the inside cover it said "Doctor Who meets Sherlock" and I was sold.  It's a great quick read and reads really easily.  If you like a mystery novel with a bit of the mystical thrown in, this book is for you.

No comments: