Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Recipe Tuesday :: Raspberry Champagne Cupcakes

How do I follow up after those delicious Lemon Curd Cupcakes?  I didn't think it was possible to top them, but thanks to a student's birthday, I think I might have.  Her requested flavor was raspberry and I found the ultimate recipe on Pinterest again.  Listen to this...Raspberry Champagne Cupcakes.  Doesn't that sound divine!?  This recipe is thanks to Living Better Together.  It called for 3 tablespoons of champagne added to the frosting which meant Mom and I had to drink the rest of the champagne lest it go bad.  What a sacrifice.


I also used the recipe for homemade raspberry filling provided with the cupcakes and Mom loved that so much that the leftovers were squirreled away and used on pancakes for the next night's dinner.



The cake was easy to get together and made moist fluffy cupcakes.  I added a teaspoon of raspberry extract to the batter and it gave them just that light hint of raspberry flavor.  They were a little undone inside at 18 minutes for me, but were nice and golden on the outside, so I moved them to the top rack and let them cook for the last two minutes.  All turned out well.



Then I used a melon-baller to scoop out the insides and piled them up for a baker perk.  Mom and I gobbled them up with some of the raspberry filling on top.  I ended up spooning the filling in and then spreading it on top, like the curd of the lemon cupcakes, so that you could see the raspberry yumminess just peaking out under the frosting.






The frosting turned out amazing and just like she said, the champagne made the frosting smooth and fluffy.  The buttercream frosting was much more sturdy than the cream cheese frosting I usually go for and made them look uber-finished.  A raspberry on top was the final touch.  They were almost too pretty to eat....almost.



And here's some cute cat pictures to end on.  He didn't help make the cupcakes, but his picture was mixed in from that day.  Gus is adorable...when he's not trying to eat you.



No comments: