Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Recipe Tuesday :: Turkey Hummus Wraps

So I got some good response from the healthy recipe last week so here's another!  This is my favorite easy lunch for taking to work.  It's balanced and tasty and looks so healthy, which honestly makes everyone jealous of your lunch.  I'm serious.  Almost every time I eat this at work someone will comment on how good it looks.  So here...tell me what you think...


Delicious, no?!  Don't you want to make that for your lunch?!  All right, all right, I'll tell you how.  But first it would probably be a good idea to buy yourself a food scale.  I actually bought mine for yarn (I know I'm crazy) but it's really good for dividing your skeins of yarn in half.  I mean if you have a 100 gram skein of yarn you want to make into two socks, then you need two 50 gram balls, so weighing them is key.  But I digress.  My food scale is an invaluable tool in helping me properly manage portion sizes.  It's hard to eyeball 2 ounces of turkey.  But weighing it out you know you're getting exactly the amount you should eat.  They aren't too expensive either.  Here is the one I use, but there are others that are less expensive like this sleek one and this other one sure is pretty.  Get one.  It will change your life.  But now, bring on the food.


Carrie's Turkey Hummus Wrap

1 Carb Balance Fajita size tortilla
1 Tablespoon hummus
2 oz (about 5 slices) thin slice turkey lunchmeat
1 oz (or 1 slice) 2% milk provolone
1 leaf of lettuce
1/2 oz pretzels
2 oz grapes

(334 calories, 37 grams carbohydrates, 23 grams protein, 10.4 grams fat, balanced 44-28-28)

Take a tortilla and spread the hummus on it.  Lay out your turkey evenly on the tortilla.  I like to spread my cheese evenly over the tortilla as well, so I tear it up along with the lettuce.  Then just start rolling from one end and enjoy with pretzels and grapes on the side!







No comments: