Monday, April 30, 2012

Good weather you say?

Today I got to go hiking with someone who has been making me jealous with all the wonderful hiking shots he posts on Facebook.  It was awesome!  And windy!  And my legs feel like jelly!  You see back in February we went hiking and it turned out to be more of a snowshoeing/bushwhacking adventure without any good views.  So camera in hand I was determined to get some great shots.  We ended up hiking at Frenchman Coulee near the Gorge.  There were amazing views and plenty of good company.  Thanks Ryan!

 Anybody lose a truck?

 That looks pretty!

 That bluff doesn't look too big...

 Well bigger than I thought.  Look where we parked the car.

 See?  There's the Mini to prove it!

 Okay, the buried treasure is down there.  X marks the spot.

 Stone Cairn Sentinel

 Yea!  There's still service up here!

The flora...

 ...and fauna.
(Yes it is fauna.  There's a spider on the lower left flower.)


Time to play a game.  Melinda, this one's for you.  Name that rock!

 Specimen A.

 Specimen B.

 Specimen C.

 Specimen D.  Need that from another angle?

 Here ya go!

See Melinda, you can get desert views without 100 degree weather!

Thought that rock looked cool...and now I think it's looking at the view.



4 comments:

Skwidspawn said...

That is one handsome man, and yep, Edge cell service. Slow but reliable!

Melinda said...

Woman, please. I've been to that exact spot on a field trip!

That there is basalt.

(you have to read that last part with my dad's hill billy accent) :)

Looks like a fun hike!

Erin said...

Great pictures! And that spider looks scary!

Carrie said...

Nah! Didn't even see the spider until I was posting the pictures :)