Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Just what I wanted...a ballroom

So over the past month Mom and I have been getting the living room prepped to have it's flooring replaced.  The carpet that was in there was 20 years old at least and was refusing to be cleaned anymore.  Regardless of how much carpet washing Mom did it still stunk.  So a while back we discussed what to replace it with.  I wanted carpet back in there, since most of the floors on the main level are hard, but she wanted something easier to clean.  I finally caved when I saw the most beautiful cherry hardwood laminate at Home Depot, as long as we could get a large area rug for in between the couch and chairs.  We saved a whole bunch of money moving the furniture (and there was a lot!),  pulling up the carpet ourselves and cleaning the room to ready it for the laminate.  The past two days was the installation and it is truly gorgeous.  I think it looks like a ballroom without all the furniture in it.  Anyone need to use a fancy dress that's sitting in a closet?  We will be moving all the furniture back in shortly, but until then enjoy a slide show of the living room's makeover.  (Sorry I didn't have any pictures of it FULL of furniture.)








1 comment:

Melinda said...

Wow! I love the floors! It's going to be so weird next time we're there!