Wednesday, August 17, 2011

And now back to the things that are really important...

So, as many of you already saw I passed my SM exam.  Thanks for all the congrats!  It was THE hardest test I have ever taken in my life and I'm pretty sure you could consider that test a form of capitol punishment.  But *phew* it's done.  And now back to real life!!

My garden is growing...


Mom and I put up some picket fence corners at the end of the long beds that are growing zucchini, pumpkins, corn, squash, cucumbers, melons, etc!  We had this gang of magpies hanging around the garden and before the veggies started ripening I wanted to discourage them from tagging it by eating them all.  When we were buying the supplies the guy at the checkout said that it would probably be cheaper to make a scarecrow.  This is true, but not as pretty!  I also have had bad luck with scarecrows...wasps making nests in them and in general not working.  But a coworker said why didn't I take home his dirty disposable lab coat and use that.  I took a clean one...and it's been working pretty good!  I still like all the picket fencing though.  It really makes the place look snazzy.

I also have started knitting again with a passion!  There are lots of Christmas presents that are falling behind and I may or may not have bought more yarn in the meantime.  I also have gotten to look more and more like my couch in the 8 months that I studied for that test and am excited to get back on that elliptical and shed some pounds!  And there's the baby stuff.  I have continued trekking on my path to parent-dom and finally did ovulate, so now it's all about hitting the target.  I'm working on it....

No comments: