Saturday, September 4, 2010

Some peppers and Lady Gaga...

Our garden has still been doing well although I manage to thoroughly ignore it for weeks. I am seriously looking forward to winter when all those summer activities will be done and I can sit and knit when I come home, rather than run from here to there constantly. I will miss the fresh produce though. The peppers decided to grow and grow and grow and finally last week I noticed that they were getting pretty big. I harvested a huge bowl full that when diced filled 4 1/2 sandwich bags to freeze for yummy things like spaghetti sauce this winter. There really is nothing like the smell of a pepper you grew yourself. The store simulations are sad once you've smelled a real pepper. Also a zucchini decided to hide under the foliage and grow to about the size of my forearm. Oops! Can't let those things get that big cause if your a good friend you never pawn off arm sized zucchini on others (or so I am told). We were going to harvest them when they were about 6 inches, but this one looks destined to be a couple of loaves of zucchini bread with some leftover zucchini to batter and deep fry...yum.

In other news Mom and I went to the Lady Gaga concert at the Tacoma Dome in late August. It was freaking amazing!! We stood for most of it, but when Mom's foot got to hurting too badly she found a nice spot that she could see the big screen from and didn't miss anything. The costumes were spectacular and I never took a picture of the one I thought was completely gorgeous...sniff. I recorded a video of Bad Romance and I want to put it up, but I think it will be too large for the blog. The dome was packed and they said there was something like 20,000 people there. There were a whole bunch of people that had dressed up like Lady Gaga in crazy outfits which made people watching an entertaining activity before the concert began. She is such a good singer that all of the songs sounded like what you always hear. At one point she sat in front down at a piano and just sang and played while the piano burned...seriously...look at the picture. All in all it was an awesome concert.







We also buried my aunt at the end of August. She passed away in January but was cremated and we could pick a time that was easy for everyone to get together. We even closed the grave, which was new for us, but I think very healing for her son David. Afterwards we all went down to Spring Canyon and had a picnic and a little get together. Glenda and Earl Bloom who are cousins were there in Wilbur and came to the burial and get-together. It was great to see them again. David and his family and Mom and I stayed overnight at the campground and it was bloody cold of course. I keep forgetting how much I dislike camping but am reminded every time by Mother Nature that I am a house/hotel/motel kinda girl.

No comments: