Sunday, April 26, 2009

Dinosaurs!!

I know you're thinking, "Two posts...in one day?!" And, "What's with all the titles ending in exclamation points?!" I'm an enthusiastic person, what can I say.
Last night Mom and I went to a show called "Walking with Dinosaurs" at the Sundome. It was freakin' amazing! I was a bit afraid because after all I was the 13 year old who went to Jurassic Park and watched it with my hands over my eyes. We had bought the tickets quite a while ago and got some of the highest priced seats, cause if you are going to see a show you might as well get a good view. So we get there and we are ushered down fairly close to the front of the arena and then told to climb up to row U. Really...row U...as in starting from A.... So we climb and climb and soon we're getting lightheaded from the low oxygen, but we find our seats. I look at Mom and ask "We paid how much for these seats?" and she says that they guy on the phone said for the best seats we wanted to be about eye level with most of the dinosaurs and she tells me that some of them come close to the tops of the lights. What?! These are full sized, part animotronic, part puppetry dinosaurs that move and breathe and blink and sound just like they predict each species of dinosaurs would have. Again Freakin' Amazing. The show started with a paleontologist taking you back to the Triassic period and then you moved through the Jurassic to the Cretaceous period. My favorite was the Brachiosaurus and they were huge with their heads almost hitting the lights. Of course the last dinosaur out was the T. Rex and I admit I cowered a bit when it came by and screamed at us. They let us take photos without flash so I put in the least blurry pictures I got. I would totally go see it again!

1 comment:

Melinda said...

Cool! I heard commercials on the radio for that show when it was hear in Phoenix...but I didn't really know what it was about. Looks amazing!