Monday, October 6, 2008

The first of (hopefully) many...

So this is it! I have been nudged into the world of blogdom. I got here by way of my cousin Melinda who has an amazing blog that my whole family enjoys reading. She thought that I should jump on this bandwagon, so here I am. I'm not terribly interesting yet but here's what is happening right now. We were supposed to get our pergola put up today on the concrete pad we have in the backyard. But you know how construction people are, today means tomorrow. They came out to see what all they would need to put the pergola up and we explained where we wanted it placed on the pad. You see that was why we had scheduled the construction for today because both Mom and I were off. But they seemed to get it, so *crossing fingers* everything will go well tomorrow. For those of you who are saying, "what's a pergola?" it is just basically a big square trellis-like structure that provides shade and you can grow things over the top. So I am going to run outside right now and take a picture of the lonley concrete pad for before and afters. More later...


Here's the before

1 comment:

Melinda said...

Cool! I like the blog so far! =) Welcome to blogdom. I'm trying to figure out where that concrete pad is...is that by the gate we used to get out to the trampoline once upon a time? I feel like I recognize that fir tree on the left side there...but I'm not sure.